Monday, September 17, 2007

I am beginning to feel lighter in my heart. It seems as if overnight a heavy load was taken off. But the funny thing is, nothing happened. Only a revelation of sorts.

I asked a friend today if it was because my heart was hardening. But he replied it was more because I was getting numbed. However, I think what really took place was that I have finally let go. Of my hurt, indignity, pain, sadness, exasperation, frustration. Everything. And it was like nothing you do can hurt me anymore than I already was. But there it is, was. I will no longer allow myself to be hurt by people who do not care any more about me than the stranger in the street.

And it is not even about being petty. This is so way beyond pettiness.

But now, I am happy. :)

Few of you know of my struggles and pain. And even fewer saw my tears and wounds. Most will not be able to understand.

But I have dried my tears, washed my face and cleaned my wounds. All on my own.

I am ready to face the world. My world. As I want to live.