Saturday, June 23, 2007

Okay, so that day I had to leave before my dumplings were cooked. Just as well. Learnt later on it came out swimming in the water. I did not wrap it well enough. Haha. Save me the embarressment of being present when they fished it out.

Anyway, last Saturday after the lesson in making dumplings I went to a friend's wedding. It was a friend from my secondary school; but we only got better acquainted this year, after 'reuniting' last year. He is now my business partner. Along with another guy.

So what I wanted to say was at the wedding I saw some people I have not seen since graduation. Some looked totally different. Some hardly changed. Of those who did looked different, two stood out particularly starkingly. Both guys. One looked not too bad in school but I think work totally ravaged him. The other one, hmm, let us just say he got better with passing time. Haha.

Time really does unpredictable things to people. Those whom you were once close with may drift apart as time goes by. Some you were never close with in the past suddenly becomes your new best pal. Just as there are some wistfulness with the loss of old chums, I suppose there are excitement and new energy coming along with new pals.

To friends I have drifted apart from over the years, all the best and God bless in your future. To the new friends I have made, may we build many more beautiful memories of our friendship in the coming years.