Saturday, November 18, 2006

The other night a friend asked me to go to some boutique opening with him so I said ok. We got there just as it was ending, but we were given a goodies bag each anyway. Hehe. We left after about 20 minutes, for another event at MOS. A Chinese magazine's anniversary celebrations. Met alot of media people. Or rather 'saw'. Because I could hardly remember the names of those I met and I doubt they do too. Which brings me to the point of writing this down.

Media people are really a strange lot. While their jobs are about making one another look good (or bad) and digging up all the secrets they can on each other, they cannot for goodness sake's be open or personal about themselves. Everyone there was so superficial and shallow. Except for one or two ladies. Who actually bothered to really talk to me and showed genuine interest in what I say, instead of just talk AT me. I was not exactly bored at the event, but I cannot say I was entertained either. But I did get a reconfirmation of my assessment of how people turned out in the media industry and why I do not want to be a part of it. I really cannot imagine being happy working in such environments.

Some highlights of the event:
1. Met this really famous hairdresser who charges the sky for a haircut and found out he was only my height. Hehe... Now if only I can earn the kind of money he does...
2. Saw some artistes. The tv really makes one look MUCH taller. Hehe, maybe I should try getting some exposure on tv...
3. There was this auntie at the club whose top of the head only came up to my chest. Somehow, there is a strange comfort knowing I am not the only or oddest oddball in the place.

Why are the above highlights? No idea. Maybe it was because I went with a guy who is 1.8m tall and it made me somewhat self-conscious standing next to him. We had a polaroid taken but he has not scanned it in for me yet so no pictures to show.

Maybe next time.

I am weird. Wahaha...